- MENU -
Aoyama Gakuin School Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “Aoyama Gakuin”) fully understands the importance of personal information protection, and has therefore developed the basic policy on personal information protection as stipulated below (hereinafter referred to as “this Policy”) and strives to implement the policy.
1. Definition of personal information
(1) Personal information means information related to living individuals (students, pupils, guarantors, guardians, applicants for admission, the staff at Aoyama Gakuin, and others), and falls into any of the following.
a. Information, which enables identification of a specific individual, such as name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and email address.
b. Information, which does not enable identification of a specific individual by itself alone, but allows an easy collation with other information and thereby enables identification of a specific individual.
c. Information, which includes an individual identification code (e.g., student number, staff number, facial-recognition data, driver’s license number, passport number).
(2) Personal information comprising a specific individual’s race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal records, fact of having suffered damage by a crime, or other descriptions, to which special consideration should be given as provided for by cabinet order so as to prevent unfair discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantages against the relevant individual, shall be termed special care-required personal information.
2. Acquisition of personal information
(1) In obtaining any personal information, Aoyama Gakuin shall obtain such information in an appropriate manner, and only after specifying the purpose of utilizing the personal information as clearly as possible and publishing or otherwise presenting its purpose of utilizing the personal information to the relevant individual (the specific individual to be identified by such personal information). Furthermore, in case of any change in the purpose of utilizing the personal information, such change shall be published or notified to the relevant individual unless otherwise provided for in laws and regulations, or this Policy.
(2) Aoyama Gakuin shall obtain special care-required personal information only with the prior consent of the relevant individual unless otherwise provided for in laws and regulations.
3. Application of personal information
In applying any personal information, unless prior consent is obtained from the relevant individual or such application is provided for in laws and regulations, Aoyama Gakuin shall apply such information only to the extent that is deemed necessary to achieve its purpose of utilizing the personal information. Furthermore, whenever any personal data (personal information constituting a personal information database, etc.) is provided to a third party, Aoyama Gakuin shall obtain the prior consent of the relevant individual unless otherwise provided for in laws and regulations.
4. Management of personal data
(1) Aoyama Gakuin recognizes the risk of a leak, loss, damage, falsification of personal data, and unauthorized access to personal data, and shall take necessary and appropriate measures in order to prevent such risk incidence as well as provide necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision to those who work at Aoyama Gakuin or to external contractors handling such personal data.
(2) Aoyama Gakuin endeavors to keep personal data correct and updated, and dispose of or delete any personal data in a timely and secure manner when such personal data becomes unnecessary.
5. Disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use etc. of personal data
Where any request is made for disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use etc. of personal data in accordance with the prescribed procedures by the relevant individual or an agent authorized by the relevant individual, Aoyama Gakuin shall promptly respond to the request as stipulated in laws and regulations.
Furthermore, where a complaint regarding the personal data handled by Aoyama Gakuin is made by the relevant individual of such personal data, Aoyama Gakuin shall promptly and properly act to address the complaint while endeavoring to establish a system to deal with such complaints.
6. Law, regulations, guidelines, etc. to be complied with
In handling personal information, Aoyama Gakuin shall comply with laws, regulations, and guidelines stipulated by the authorities concerned with the personal information protection in addition to this Policy and various regulations of Aoyama Gakuin.
7. Continuous improvement of the personal information protection policy
Aoyama Gakuin shall review and improve its management system and policy on the personal information protection as appropriate.
8. Contact information
General Affairs Department
School Corporate Administration
Aoyama Gakuin School Corporation
4-4-25 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-8366